Monday, March 1, 2010

Hair Clip Holder

I haven't posted anything in a while, but I do have a few new projects that I haven't shared yet. Hopefully I will get them up soon...

Anyway,

Now that you know I have a lot of hairclips, I'll show you how I store them.









You will need: Hair Clips, A 3x4" Piece of cardstock, A 3x4" piece of paper with your name or a design ( optional ), Ribbon, Markers, and Embellishments. ( oh, and a hot glue gun or other strong adhesive)



This technique is very easy, and allows you to perfect your design on a seperate piece of paper before putting it on the final piece of cardstock. If you feel more comfortable with your handwriting,skip this and just go for it!

First I trace over my design with permanent marker so that it is easier to see on the back.

Turn your design over and trace over the back with a pencil. Make sure to get lots of graphite on it.



Do this on a piece of scrap paper because the marker can transfer to your work surface.



Turn over your design and position it on top of your cardstock. Removable adhesive works great for this, or just tape down the corners. (make sure to only tape your template because it will not come off of the cardstock very easily.)



This will transfer your design onto the card stock...



Which you can then trace over.




This is a white gel pen ( available at most craft stores ) and works great for dark colored cardstock!



Embellish however you like!

( Don't forget to erase your pencil lines! But wait until the pen is dry or you will be filled with sadness and frustration because you just messed up everything you just did! )



Get about a foot and a half or so of ribbon, and tie some beads on it to weigh it down.



Adhere to the back along with a short loop at the top. You could cover this up to make it more fancy, but I just chose to leave it like that.



And that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment