Monday, February 15, 2010

Colorful Clothespins

I came up with this idea while I was trying to think of ways to use up that pile of scrap paper that inevitably accumulates in any crafter's craft room. I also had a bunch of clothespins left over from chivalry day @ KEYS. So I decided to combine the two, and I came up with this:


Ta Da!




To make the clothespins you will need: Wooden Clothespins, Glue, A disposable paintbrush ( or foam brush), and several 3/8" x 2 and 15/16" (that's just short of 3" ) strips of patterned paper or construction paper.




Squeeze a line of glue onto the clothespin,




And spread it out with the paintbrush,




Then just place your paper on top!



Now mix a solution of about 2 parts glue to 1 part water,

and spread it across the top of the paper.

This will give it a nice protective coating.




Repeat for as many clothespins as you like!





Just for fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment